Freedom: All born on earth need freedom! We are indeed born to be free! Even the animals & birds need freedom. No creature likes to be caged & no person enjoys being held captive or imprisoned.
National Freedom: Mahatma Gandhi played a pivotal role in the freedom struggle of India. He held no official position, power, wealth or any special distinction. His openness to different religions was commendable. He adhered to the teachings of the Holy Bible, not considering it as a book meant for only a particular sect or religion; and this helped in his non-violent ways and peaceful methods that were the foundation for gaining independence. After a century of battles and many sacrifices, we in India gained independence on 15th August, 1947.
Spiritual Freedom: As human beings who are indeed unique in all creation, we need Freedom from so many unseen & unforeseen things, especially from that which is connected to our Spiritual lives. This is where we need to get introduced to the one who got freedom for us. Unfortunately, the world fails or fears to acknowledge Him! His name is Jesus Christ, meaning ‘the anointed one who saves’. In fact, the Calendar or history itself is classified as BC, short for ‘before Christ’ and AD, short for the Latin phrase ‘Anno Domini’ or ‘the year of the Lord.’ This further confirms the existence of Lord Jesus Christ! However, Christ’s greatness is concealed for the time being and therefore many fail to acknowledge Him! His life, teachings and sacrifice are not only unique but also instrumental in providing us ‘freedom’ of a different sort….
– A freedom that sets us free from being enslaved consciously or unconsciously to the unseen deceptive evil forces or powers of darkness, depression, suicidal tendencies. Colossians 1:13-14.
– A freedom that sets us free from the clutches of sin and its consequences or the wrath of God. Sin is inborn in our nature and therefore manifested in different forms like falsehood, wickedness, corruption, greed, sexual abuse, suicidal tendencies, etc. Galatians 5:1.
– A freedom that sets us free from guilt. It is guilt consciousness that prevents us from enjoying peace with God and others. But unfortunately, many try to seek deliverance through alternative or man-made avenues which are temporary, like entertainments, amusements, bad habits, rituals, doing good, helping poor, etc.,
– A freedom that sets us free from emotional bondages, hurts, addictions, spirit of violence, rebellion, abnormalities/perversions, fear about sickness/death/future/natural calamities, etc.
– A freedom that sets us free to do good by all means possible; to as many people as possible, without prejudice or bias. This can involve a break-away from all traditions too!
The True Freedom: The Scriptures testify that Jesus Christ was God personified or incarnated; or the Son of God. His sole purpose in coming to this world was to set mankind free. As a God-ordained mediator, He met the righteous requirement of God, offering Himself as ‘a sacrificial lamb which takes away the sins of the world’ he Himself being sinless. His rising from the dead proves the divine acceptance of His sacrifice or taking away the punishment of our sins. Having conquered death, He is the Living God who can set us free from the bondage of sin, Satan, hell and all that makes us feel hopeless or worthless deep down in our hearts! He personally revealed that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one can come to God or Heaven without Him John.14:6.
The Journey of Freedom: To be truly free, all that we need to do on our part is to just step up from all that is temporary & accept God’s free offer of love manifested through Christ Jesus. Some may believe and some may not; but the truth for all time is that, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ), that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES in Him should not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE!” John 3:16. Further, Jesus said, “What does it profit a person if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?”
Should you wish to enjoy this unique freedom and experience the Godly joy, peace and freedom, you can say this simple prayer… “Dear loving God, I thank you for helping me to understand the truths of life here and beyond. Please forgive all my sins and accept me as your child. I accept Jesus as the Lord of my life; that I may remain free from all that binds me physically, mentally and spiritually. Please help me to live the rest of my life on this earth, as you would want me to! I make this prayer in Jesus’ name”. Amen! (so shall it be!)
By making a prayer in the above lines sincerely, you are not part of a new religion but in reality have started a new ‘journey of freedom’ with the one true almighty God Himself! To know more, please read the Holy Bible. It is not a book meant for a specific group of people but for all mankind! The Holy Spirit of God will help you understand the truths, for the Bible says, “when you know the Truth, the truth will set you free” / ”Wherever The Holy Spirit of God is, there is freedom!”/”It is for our freedom Christ Jesus came… Galatians 5:1!” May God lead you victoriously through the journey of this passing life!